Connecting to PREGINET
We welcome more partners to the PREGINET network!
If your institution is:
- a government, academic, or research and development organization;
- interested in collaboration in any of the following fields – agriculture, telemedicine, bioinformatics, disaster management, or advanced network technologies; and
- interested in participating in distance learning initiatives, locally and abroad.
Then we encourage you to be a part of the only REN in the Philippines, and be a part of the global R&E community!
The process in becoming a PREGINET partner is easy.
- Submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) to the ASTI Director.Denis F. Villorente
Advanced Science and Technology Institute
ASTI Building, C.P. Garcia Avenue,
UP Technology Park Complex,
Diliman, Quezon City 1101
- Upon receipt of the LOI, the PREGINET Project Manager will set a meeting with prospective partner to discuss the institution’s requirements.
- ASTI-PREGINET will submit a proposal (with indicative costs), as well as a network diagram to prospective partner.
- If the proposal is agreeable to the prospective partner, an authorized representative signs the Conforme. The signed Conforme will be sent back to ASTI-PREGINET.
- ASTI-PREGINET then proceeds with the bidding process to determine which telecommunications company will provide the last-mile connection.
- In line with no. 5, ASTI-PREGINET will submit the final costing of PREGINET Connectivity to the prospective partner.
- Prospective partner will sign the Conforme on the final proposal and again, the same will be sent back to ASTI-PREGINET.
- ASTI-PREGINET will process the final and signed MOA.
- ASTI-PREGINET will now proceed with the implementation or installation of the link. Prospective partner can now enjoy the services and benefits of the PREGINET Connectivity!